Thursday, July 1, 2010

We Did It!

Thank you from NC AIDS Action Network!

The General Assembly finalized the state budget today, which includes a recurring funding increase of $14.1 million for the AIDS Drug Assistance Program!

Thanks to your calls, emails, and legislative visits, our voices were heard and many more North Carolinians will receive their life saving medications!

The funding should allow ADAP to enroll everyone currently on the waiting list who is at or below 125% of federal poverty.

In a tough budget year, securing additional funding for this program is a huge victory. But we know it's not enough. NCAAN will continue to advocate for those people ADAP is unable to serve in the coming year, and will work with the state to find creative ways to get better care to more people living with HIV.

Thank you for taking action and letting our policy makers know the importance of ADAP! Together, we are building a powerful movement and making a difference.

Sincerely,
Kathryn Schley, MSW
NC AIDS Action Network

2 comments:

  1. Ive never heard of the NC AIDS Action Network Im assuming its legit but who knows. As a person living with Aids I find that the beaureacratic red tape is enough to make anyone with HIV stop taking meds. These people have to be virtually homeless to get medications. This is rediculous. While all the bleeding hearts say Oh we are making a difference I say walk a mile in an HIV persons shoes then you can comment with your rhetoric. While you drive you SUV and live in your 2 story 2 car garage house people with HIV can barely come up with 2 nickles to pay for a room in a flop housebecause federal guidelines say they must be destitute before anyone will hekp them. To the poster Im sure your intentions are good however there are people who are suffering tto no end because of this disease. Ilooked at the website and noticed there is a donation option but nowhere does it say how it is used for HIV positives...Making money off a cause is great if its used to help people however using it for personal gain is just another smoke in mirrors disguised as a service to feed the bellies of the greedy. This positing is not directed at the poster rather the people who make money off a cause they have no idea what it is to live with the cause they are claiming to support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello every body on this site, I want to give a testimony about my HIV virus that was cured by a great spell caster. Since last 4years now I have being an HIV patient. I never think I live long again and am so grateful about this great man called DR ADAGBA who cured my HIV AIDS last 3 weeks. I was in a great pain so I told one of my best friend called Susan who was cured from 7years HERPES DISEASES; she told me that there is a great spell caster that can cure my HIV. I asked her if she had his email address, she gave me his email and I emailed him. He talked to me and he perform the necessary rituals and he told me that after two weeks I should go for a test and Which I did, when the doctor told me that am now an HIV negative, I couldn’t believe myself, I went to see another doctor the result was still the same, I was human on planet earth again, so I emailed him and thanked him. Please if you are having a similar problem please visit him/contact him on adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com or call +2348115200304

    ReplyDelete