Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Carrying the Torch: Why I Volunteer

Guest post by Christina Guichard

The author with John and her son, who is named after him.
It is not often you find someone who changes the way you look at life.  Who wakes you up to life's possibilities and challenges you to be a better person.  Eight years ago I met that person and I am thankful for him every day.  His name is John and he is a Leukemia, Lymphoma, and HIV survivor, and today, he is again battling for his life.  

John is grateful survivor of four forms of cancer and has been living with HIV since 1984.  John is also an honored caregiver who has had the privilege of caring for several loved ones they struggled with their illnesses, including his sister, parents, and partner. After his HIV diagnosis, John became a full time advocate for the needs of people affected by HIV and cancer, and others who suffer from health disparities.  John has changed the lives of thousands of people through public speaking and working with policy-makers to advocate for positive change and inspiring others to become advocates.

Over the past two years, John has been battling Hodgkins Lymphoma and is preparing for a bone marrow transplant.  Since a majority of his time is focused on staying healthy and preparing for upcoming treatments, I told him I wanted to pick up his torch and carry it until he is well enough to advocate again. I know I can't even begin to make as big of impact as my friend John, but I hope to help as many people as possible through volunteerism, advocacy, and love.  

I hope you join me in spreading the love in honor of John and so many others like him.  

They fight every day, and it is time we fight for them too.  

Christina volunteers with NCAAN from her home in North Carolina.

3 comments:

  1. My name is jennifer cook, i want to give almighty praise to Dr Tanasia who helped me get cured of my HIV/AID diseases, please help me thank this great woman whom God has sent from heaven to save people's life, this wonderful woman also save the life of my friend who had HIV/AID just like I did, please thank this man for me, also if you have any type of problem or you need cure to any diseases you can also contact her to help you out, he is a wonderful man, his email is tanasiajobs210@gmail.com or tanasiajobs210@gmail.com contact her now to help you too, you can also reach her on phone +27620171252

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i am Jacqueline Ashley ,from Canada, I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how i got my ex lover back.I was going crazy when my lover left me for another girl last month,But when i meet a friend that introduce me to Dr Etiosa the great messenger to the oracle that he serve,I narrated my problem to Dr Etiosa about how my ex lover left me and also how i needed to get a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,In the next 2 days,My lover called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my lover called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for interview in my desired company were i needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact Dr Etiosa at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on: DRETIOSA@YAHOO.COM and get your problems solve like me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello every body on this site, I want to give a testimony about my HIV virus that was cured by a great spell caster. Since last 4years now I have being an HIV patient. I never think I live long again and am so grateful about this great man called DR ADAGBA who cured my HIV AIDS last 3 weeks. I was in a great pain so I told one of my best friend called Susan who was cured from 7years HERPES DISEASES; she told me that there is a great spell caster that can cure my HIV. I asked her if she had his email address, she gave me his email and I emailed him. He talked to me and he perform the necessary rituals and he told me that after two weeks I should go for a test and Which I did, when the doctor told me that am now an HIV negative, I couldn’t believe myself, I went to see another doctor the result was still the same, I was human on planet earth again, so I emailed him and thanked him. Please if you are having a similar problem please visit him/contact him on adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com or call +2348115200304

    ReplyDelete