Tuesday, April 9, 2013

ADAP Stories: Chrishelle

Chrishelle and her husband Michael get ready to
deliver petition postcards in support of the AIDS Drug
Assistance Program to Senator Floyd McKissick.

Hometown: Durham

Occupation: Teacher

Q: How has the North Carolina AIDS Drug Assistance Program affected your life?

A: I am an ADAP client. It is very important to me that ADAP gets funding—it means I’m able to take my medication and don’t have to be overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to afford it.

I have many friends that are also in the ADAP program, and without that funding we wouldn’t have access to any of our medicine and without that medicine we would get very sick and possibly even die. This program enables us to live much longer than we ever could without our medication. My doctor says that I’m in the best health I’ve been in all my life. I am now married, and my husband and I are looking to have children. None of this would be possible without ADAP.

Interview by Blaire Benson

This ispart of a series of interviews highlighting the impact that the AIDS Drug Assistance Program has on the lives of people in North Carolina. If you would like to share your story, contact Claire at claire@ncaan.org

To take action to save the AIDS Drug Assistance Program from proposed budget cuts, send an email to your legislators now. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello every body on this site, I want to give a testimony about my HIV virus that was cured by a great spell caster. Since last 4years now I have being an HIV patient. I never think I live long again and am so grateful about this great man called DR ADAGBA who cured my HIV AIDS last 3 weeks. I was in a great pain so I told one of my best friend called Susan who was cured from 7years HERPES DISEASES; she told me that there is a great spell caster that can cure my HIV. I asked her if she had his email address, she gave me his email and I emailed him. He talked to me and he perform the necessary rituals and he told me that after two weeks I should go for a test and Which I did, when the doctor told me that am now an HIV negative, I couldn’t believe myself, I went to see another doctor the result was still the same, I was human on planet earth again, so I emailed him and thanked him. Please if you are having a similar problem please visit him/contact him on adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com or call +2348115200304

    ReplyDelete